Breadcrumbs navigation is one of the most important strategies that improve the search engine rankings of the page. Breadcrumbs are very useful for the viewers as it allows them to easily navigate to similar pages of their interest. It helps the viewers to understand the layout of the site. Breadcrumbs affect SEO as they provide easy access to the inner and outer pages of the website.
Impact of breadcrumbs on SEO
With breadcrumbs, it is easier to find pages that are inter-related with the help of keywords. Breadcrumbs help to understand the complete structure of the website creating a positive SEO impact of your website. Breadcrumbs bring logical access to the website for the user. It provides additional benefits to the users resulting in high rankings on the search engine. Breadcrumbs appear at the top of the page indicating the structure of the website. Experts of SEO Leeds use breadcrumbs as it results in improving the online visibility of the website and increasing web traffic with time leading to higher business revenues.
Types of breadcrumbs
- Attribute based breadcrumbs – It indicates the attributes of a particular page which makes it convenient for the users to navigate.
- Location breadcrumbs – It is one of the most used breadcrumbs providing the position of the page within the site. It becomes very easy for the user to visit similar pages as the former page plays the host for the other pages.
- Path breadcrumbs – as the name suggests, the path breadcrumbs show the path to the webpage. The content can be accessed using many logical paths indicated by the path breadcrumbs.
How to use breadcrumbs for SEO optimization?
- SEO gets optimized as breadcrumbs help users to navigate.
- Breadcrumbs provide users an enriching experience even when the website has a complex hierarchy.
- Do not use breadcrumbs in the page title.
- Include a navigation path in the breadcrumbs.
- Use the breadcrumbs across the website.